8 January : 1700-1745 hrs
India as a Global Health and Wellness Hub.
Session Coordinator : Mr. Ajit Gupta, Joint Secretary (DPA), Ministry of External Affairs
Speakers at PBD :
- Dr. Azad Moopen, Chairman & MD (Aster DM Health Care), UAE
- Ms. Ranjna Patel, Founder, Nirvana Health Group, New Zealand
- Mr. Ajay K. Lodha, President of American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, USA
- Dr. Bharat Barai, Triple Board certified Oncologist-Haematologist, Medical Director of Cancer Institute, Methodist Hospitals, Indiana
- Dr. Acharya Shunya Pratichi Mathur, President of California Association of Ayurveda Medicine.
- Dr. Harsh Mahajan, Radiologist & Managing Director, Mahajan Imaging, India.
- Dr. C.G. Gangadharan, Director, M S Ramaiah Indic Centre for Ayurveda & Integrative Medicine, India.
- Dr. Deepti Gupta, Homeopathic Physician, India.
- Dr. H.R. Nagendra, President of Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Sansthana, India.
- Dr. Y.P. Bhatia Astron Hospital & Health Consultant Pvt. Ltd, India.
- Datuk Dr. Achaiah Kumar Rao, Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, Malaysia.
- Dr. Azad Moopen, is a Physician-turned Entrepreneur / Philanthropist. In the last 3 decades, he has built Aster DM Healthcare, the largest network of healthcare facilities with over 290 establishments consisting of Hospitals, Clinics & Pharmacies in the Middle East & India and employs around 13,500 people across Middle East and India, touching the lives of 20 million patients a year. He has earmarked 20% of his personal wealth for Philanthropic activities helping social changes, and uplifting the poor. Dr. Moopen's Foundation focuses on Philanthropy in Healthcare through various routes in GCC, India, Africa, Afghanistan and Philippines. He has been awarded with Padma Shri (2011) & ˜Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Award' (2010) by the Government of India.
- Ms. Ranjna Patel, is a Founder and Director, Nirvana Health Group, New Zealand. It is the largest independent primary health care group, delivering services to communities in high needs. She was awarded QSM for Services to Indian Community and has held senior positions in many community organizations & had ministerial appointments on NACEW and Lotteries. She works extensively with New Zealand Police on Family Violence and International Students, and has started a new approach to Family Violence under Gandhi Nivas. She has won many Business Awards and Community awards and has been Inducted into the Co. of Women NZ Hall of Fame, and Master category of EY Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Mr. Ajay K. Lodha, is the President of American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin, USA, the largest ethnic organization representing more than 100,000 physicians of Indian Origin. He is the President of Queens Medical Services, PLLC and Co-Owner of two long term care facilities for elderly of 325 beds, and Co-Owner of Obama Care ACO. In May 2016, Dr. Lodha was awarded the Highest Honor for immigrants, The Ellis Island Medal of Honor. He has been past President of national organizations namely RAJMAAI, RANA, AAPIQLI. Dr Lodha was instrumental in making a surgical intensive care unit in Udaipur. He is a strong believer in implementing integrative medicine with primary care.
- Mr. Bharat Barai, is a Triple Board certified Oncologist-Hematologist, Medical Director of Cancer Institute, Methodist Hospitals, Indiana. He is also Assistant Professor of Medicine at Indiana University Medical School and the Secretary of the Medical Licensing Board of the State of Indiana. His expertise is in Oncology Clinical research, managing the Cancer Institute and teaching Medicine. He has sponsored clinical exchanges between medical professionals in USA and India. He also facilitates greater ties between USA and India. He will focus in the panel on the regulatory aspects and how to facilitate medical tourism in India.
- Ms. Acharya Shunya Pratichi Mathur, is a President of California Association of Ayurveda Medicine (CAAM) and the founder of Vedika Global, a not-for-profit foundation in California, with an international school teaching the sciences of Ayurveda, Yoga, and Vedanta. In association with its graduates, Vedika Global offers courses at Stanford University's Health Improvement program and California Institute of Integral Studies, and provides Ayurveda staff trainings at all prisons and police departments in California.
- Datuk Dr. Achaiah Kumar Rao, is an Obstetrician and gynecologist. As a specialist in O & G, he runs a private practice to cater for the community in Malaysia. He has been supportive of humanity activities organized by the Malaysia Red Cross. He is the National President of Telugu Association of Malaysia since 2007. He is privileged to be the Organizing chairman of International Telugu Cultural Conference in 2006, 150 years of Malaysian Telugu Heritage a Celebration and the Co chairman of 10th World Telugu Federation Conference 2013 at Kuala Lumpur successfully. He has organized annual workshop and camps to instill patriotic values and leadership skills in the young. His areas of interest are to promote AYUSH in Malaysia and promote health and healthy life style within affordable cost.