9 January : 1100-1145 hrs
'Leveraging Social Media For Diaspora Connect.'
Session Coordinator : Mr. Vikas Swarup, Additional Secretary (XP), Ministry of External Affairs
Speakers at PBD :
- Mr. Rohan Agrawal, Regional Operations Manager (Japan), in Western Union, Japan
- Ms. Jacqueline Daniel Solomon, Senior Systems Analyst, Nova Instruments Ltd, Israel
- Ms. Smita Barooah, Addictions Therapist, Writer and Fine Arts Photographer, Singapore
- Mr. Vikash Dhanuka, Entrepreneur, Singapore
- Ms. Rupa Subramanya, Co-author, Indianomix, Canada.
- Ms. Mayuri Parmar Managemnet Consultant & Founder, Parmar Advisory, UK
- Mr. Ankit Patel Director, Deutsche Bank USA
- Mr. Nihar Shashithal Software Engineer, USA
- Mr. Pramod Kumar Buravalli President/CEO, YA Consulting Group Inc. USA
- Mr. Arvind Gupta, Head, Digital India Foundation, India.
- Mr. Rohan Agrawal is a Regional Operations Manager (Japan) in Western Union, Japan KK. He has been working in Japan over the last 10 years as a bi-lingual professional in Operations & Technology. He has his Master's degree in Nano-Electronics from University of Edinburgh (UK) and Japanese language certification along with vast managerial experience of managing cross-country projects with large teams. He has been socially very active and founded many organizations which include: Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh Japan, Team Netaji Japan and is also serving as one of the Directors into management committee for Shri. RadhaGovind Mandir, Tokyo's first Indian Temple which was inaugurated in 2011. He has been actively using Social media and effectively using it to promote these organizations, sharing analysis on political activities in India as well as Indo-Japan business incentives, connecting people for various causes and promoting Indian festivals in Japan.
- Ms. Jacqueline Daniel Solomon, is a Senior Systems Analyst, Nova Instruments Ltd, Israel. She is an active volunteer in the Indian Community in Israel through different organizations related to uplifting and development of people of Indian Origin. She has significant presence on social media connecting the 2 countries India and Israel through her own sites like www.arukhana.com and www.dazzle2u.com which cater to food and clothes respectively. She writes for different online magazines about India & Israel, celebrating common festivals, diversities and general. She write blogs for leading English National of Israel and The Jerusalem Post: highlighting issues of India. Her vision is to build a strong Indian community which can create positive changes for itself and having power at all levels to make that change from the community to the national level.
- Ms. Smita Barooah is an Addictions Therapist, writer and fine arts Photographer based in Singapore. She works at Promises Healthcare and We Care Community Services. She has done projects for Changi Prison. Her work has been exhibited in some of Asia's most prestigious galleries including the Fringe Club (Hong Kong), MICA Gallery (Singapore), NCPA (Mumbai), Birla Academy (Kolkata) and IHC (Delhi). She has a BA (hons) and MA in Political Science from Delhi University, and a Master's in Counselling from Monash University. She has published two books as well as numerous columns and blogs.
- Mr. Vikash Dhanuka, resides in Singapore with his family since 2000. His career spans over two decades of Business Development experience in tenacious environments spanning the South East Asia, CIS Countries and the African Continent. An MBA graduate (NUS, Singapore), he is an entrepreneur himself & has set up several companies, notably of which is Sing Fuels Pte Ltd (2012), which is today recognized amongst one of the successful Global Bunker Oil Trading Companies. He is also instrumental in managing the FB group 'Indians in Singapore' which has a following of 15,000 members.
- Ms. Rupa Subramanya, is an economist and independent commentator who divides her time between Mumbai and Canada. She has previously written for the Wall Street Journal, Foreign Policy, Globe and Mail, Business Standard, Open magazine among others. She's co-author of Indianomix: Making Sense of Modern India published by Random House India. Sheâ€™s also one of the authors of an award winning Wall Street Journal series on violence against women in India which was published as a book by Harper Collins in 2014.
- Mr. Pramod Kumar Buravalli, is a Technology and Digital Media Entrepreneur based out of Houston, USA. He has incubated several Consulting and Product Development Companies in the Financial and Manufacturing Industries over the past 10 years. His current focus is on Crowd funding Technologies, ERP, and Internet of Things & Data Science. His latest venture My Ind Makers (www.myind.net), is a Digital Media Conglomeration that he founded along with Ms. Sunanda Vashisht and Aadit Kapadia in January 2015. Its Sister Companies are diversified into Radio Programming and TV Shows. He has a Masters in Management of Technology from University of Texas and Bachelors in Automobile Engineering from Karnataka University.
- Mr. Ankit Patel, is a Director at Deutsche Bank and manages its India equity product in North America since 2010 and recently extended his role covering Pan-Asia based clients. He has over 17 years of emerging market experience and has worked on both the buy-side and the sell-side. Prior to joining Goldman Sachs as sales specialist in 2008, he worked on the buy-side with GLS Capital Management, Oak tree Capital Management, and Morgan Stanley Capital Partners. He graduated from Pace University with distinction in 1999 with a major in Management Science and a minor in Mathematics.
- Mr. Arvind Gupta, is the Founder Member- iSPiRT, Innovation Evangelist â€“BotWorx, India has over 25 years of industry experience, having worked in diverse sectors in variety of leadership, policy and entrepreneurial profiles in India and Silicon Valley, USA. As the National Technology Head for world's largest political party, the BJP, he advises on the policies for data driven outreach, digital communication and modernization. He had led the Digital, Social Media and Communication Campaign for the BJP and Shri. Narendra Modi, which resulted in BJP creating electoral history and achieving its Mission 272+. He as the Co-founder of Digital India Foundation is a leading thought provoker in areas of Smart Cities, Internet Governance, Cyber Security, and Electronics Manufacturing &Digital Payments. He was awarded the Eisenhower Global Fellowship for Innovation for year 2014. He holds a Masters in Computer Science and MBA from University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign and B.Tech in Electronics from IIT-BHU, Varanasi.
- Mr. Nihar Sashittal is the Senior Engineer, Logitech in USA. He currently resides in California and works as a Software Engineer in San Francisco Bay Area. He has wide experience in Social Media technology and engagement having led the Social Media team for Community Reception for Prime Minister Narendra Modi at SAP Center in San Jose in September 2015.