7 January : 1400-1530 hrs
Startups and Innovations which have a Social Impact in India.
Seesion Coordinator : Shri Nagaraj Naidu, Joint Secretary (ED), Ministry of External Affairs
Speakers at PBD:
- Mr. Anil Kumar Gupta, Founder, National Innovation Foundation
- Mr. Venketesh Shukla, president of TiE Silicon Valley
- Mr. Harish Hande, CEO, SELCO India
- Mr. Naveen Jha, CEO, Deshpande Foundation
- Dr. Prasad Kaipa, CEO Kaipa Group, California
- Prof. Jagadeesh Moodera, Adjunct professor at Suffolk University, USA.
- Mr. Arsh Shah Dilbagi, Entrepreneur, India.
- Mr. Anil Kumar Gupta, is a globally renowned scholar in the area of grassroots innovations. He is the founder of the Honey Bee Network and he is also a Professor at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. Besides, he holds the Executive Vice Chair of the National Innovation Foundation. He is also a fellow of the World Academy of Art and Science. He was awarded Padma Shri in the year 2004, one of the highest civilian awards in India, for his contributions to management education.
- Mr. Venketesh Shukla, is the President of TiE Silicon Valley and Chairman of TiE Global, Shukla presides over one of the most powerful networks focused on technology startups in Silicon Valley and beyond. TiE with 61 chapters across 18 countries, exists to promote wealth creation through entrepreneurship, and its membership includes the entire ecosystem of entrepreneurship- VCs, successful entrepreneurs, senior executives in public companies as well as budding entrepreneurs. Mr. Shukla is currently General Partner of an early stage venture fund called Monta Vista Capital that invests in companies with strong technology IP and potential to transform an industry. He holds an MBA from MIT Sloan School of Management and a B.E in Electronics Engineering from NIT Bhopal.
- Mr. Harish Hande, is an Indian social entrepreneur, who co-founded SELCO India in 1995. He was awarded with the Ramon Magsaysay Award for 2011 for "his pragmatic efforts to put solar power technology in the hands of the poor, through his social enterprise SELCO India". SELCO INDIA, a social enterprise, to eradicate poverty by promoting sustainable technologies in rural India. SELCO India is a social enterprise that provides sustainable energy services to the poor in India.
- Mr. Naveen Jha, is a social entrepreneur and the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Deshpande Foundation, India. He is the CEO of Hubli Sandbox and Chairman of Sandbox Startups. He also co-founded Ek Soch Sandbox and is the Patron of Kakatiya Sandbox. He has also contributed significantly to the founding of the Hubli chapter of TiE. He is also a recipient of the International Ford Foundation Fellowship Award.
- Dr. Prasad Kaipa, is the CEO of the Kaipa Group in California and is a thought leader in the areas of innovation, leadership development and change management. He is considered to be one of the top management thinkers of Indian origin by Thinkers50 group. Prasad was inducted into the Happiness Hall of Fame in October 2014. He is the co-author of critically acclaimed and international best-seller (#2 in business books in Delhi, India in Nov. 2013) From Smart to Wise: Acting and Leading with Wisdomâ€ in 2013 and just released another book You can: Be Smarter and Wiserâ€ (Bloomberry) with Meera Shenoy in Jan. 2016.
- Prof. Jagadeesh Moodera, a PhD in physics from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras. He is an adjunct professor at Suffolk University (USA) and a visiting professor at the Technological University of Eindhoven (The Netherlands). Prof. Moodera currently leads the Thin Film Magnetism, Superconductivity and Nanospintronics group at MIT. He was elected fellow of the American Physical Society in 2000 and awarded the Oliver E. Buckley Condensed Matter Prize from the American Physical Society in 2009.
- Mr. Arsh Shah Dilbagi, is an Indian entrepreneur, roboticist, inventor and a student. He is popularly known as Robo. Dilbagi was appointed as the Brand Ambassador of India STEM Foundation, an NGO that promotes STEM education through Robotics and hosts competitions like World Robot Olympiad and FIRST LEGO League in India. He also won four awards at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair 2015 held at Pittsburgh, USA.