9 January : 1400-1600 hrs
˜Invest Karnataka: Innovate and Invest in Karnataka'.
Speakers at PBD :
- Shri. D.V. Prasad, Additional Chief Secretary (Commerce and Industry) Karnataka.
- Dr. Subhash Chnadra Kunthia, Chief Secretary, Karnataka.
- Shri. Gaurav Gupta, Commissioner (industries) Govt. of Karnataka.
- Shri. Maheshwar Rao, Secretary (agriculture), Govt of Karnataka
- Ms. V Manjula, Principal Secretary (Agriculture), Govt. of Karnataka
- Shri. Naveen Raj, Secretary (Tourism), Govt. of Karnataka.
- Shri. Krishna Byre Gowda, Minister of Agriculture, Karnataka.
- Shri. Priyank Kharge, Minister for IT & BT Tourism, Karnataka.
- Shri Rudrappa Manappa Lamani, Minister (Textiles and Muzrai), Karnataka
- Shri R.V Deshpande, Minister of Large & Medium Industries & Infrastructure, Karnataka.
- Industry Captains, Overseas Indian investores in Karnataka.
- Mr. Priyank Kharge is a Diploma holder in Computer Science, Graphic Designer & Animator, an entrepreneur and consultant. He was groomed in politics by his father, Mr. Mallikarjun Kharge, who is the leader opposition at the Centre (Govt. of India). Mr. Priyank Kharge is known for his meticulous planning and mentoring. Mr. Kharge entered politics as an activist of the National Student Union of India. He was the Vice- President of the Karnataka Unit of the Youth congress for one term. He has been a member various State Govt. Committees viz., Sub- Legislation Committee, Legislative House Committee - NICE, Simplification & Strengthening of Schemes, Library Committee, Hyderabad Karnataka Regional Development Board, University of Agricultural Sciences, Climate Parliament. He has conceptualized employable based training scheme called Yuva Yuga for Department of Labour. He has proposed and initiated a School of Economics to be setup in Bengaluru to Commemorate Dr. B.R Ambedkar's 125th birth Anniversary along with the London School of Economics. He has significantly contributed to the Ease of Doing Business in Karnataka. He is instrumental in initiating for setting up of National Investment Manufacturing Zone in Chittapur, a 12500 acres industrial township. The 38 year old leader, is the first time Member of Legislative Assembly (MAL) of Karnataka State. Mr. Kharge is currently Minister of State for Tourism, Information Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of Karnataka.
- Dr. Subhash C. Khuntia belongs to IAS (Karnataka-81) cadre. He has worked as a Civil Servant in various capacities both in Government of India and Government of Karnataka. He has worked in the State earlier in various capacities, in the Ministry of Finance and Company Centre Affairs, Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Agriculture, and Secretary, Government of India, Department of School Education and Literacy, New Delhi. Currently, he is working as Chief Secretary, Government of Karnataka. He is a Phd in Economics, Masters in Sociology and Physics and Master's of Technology in Computer Science.
- Mr. D.V. Prasad, is an IAS officer of 1984 batch of Karnataka. He is presently working as the Additional Chief Secretary, Commerce & Industries Department and holds additional charge of the Infrastructure Development Department and also Public Enterprises Department. He was born in Delhi and did his schooling in Hyderabad and graduation and post-graduation from St.Stephen's College, University of Delhi. In his career span of 32 years, he has served in various capacities in both Govt. of Karnataka and the Govt. of India. He has worked in the early phase of his career as Asst. Commissioner of Doddaballapura, Deputy Commissioner, Kolar and later as Secretary, Health & Family Welfare Department, Secretary to Chief Minister, Principal Secretary, Animal Husbandry. He has served in the Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt.of India twice in his career, first as Director, Marketing Marine Products Exports Development Authority and later as Joint Secretary, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP). He has played a vital role in the Make in India Programme, FDI Reforms and was the Chief Negotiator for India on Intellectual Property Rights at WIPO and also in the negotiations on the Bilateral Investment Treaties, and Free Trade Agreements. In his tenure in Delhi as Joint Secretary, DIPP, Mr.D.V.Prasad was instrumental in setting-up the four new National Institutes of Designs at Jorhat(Assam) Kurukshetra (Haryana), Vijayawada (Andhra Pradesh) and Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh). The new National Intellectual Property Rights Policy was initiated during his tenure as Joint Secretary, DIPP and the policy framework was largely based on the principle of linkages between IPR and Innovation.
- Ms. V. Manjula belongs to the 1987 batch of Indian Administrative Service of Karnataka cadre. She joined the civil services after doing post-graduation in Chemistry from Osmania University, Hyderabad. In Karnataka, she started her career as Assistant Commissioner of Lingasugur Sub-Division in Raichur. She held various assignments such as Deputy Commissioner and District Magistrate, Bellary district. Chief Executive Officer of Kolar and Dharwad districts; Managing Director, Gulbarga Electricity Supply Company; Principal Secretary, Animal Husbandry and Fisheries, Principal Secretary, Planning etc. She currently holds the position of Principal Secretary, Department of Information Technology, Biotechnology and Science & Technology, Since 27 July, 2015.
- Mr. M. Maheshwar Rao, BA (Economics, Maths & Statistics), MA (Economics) & IAS (1995), is presently serving as Secretary, Agriculture Department, Government of Karnataka. He has earlier served in various capacities as Deputy commissioner in Dakshina Kannada & Mandya districts, Additional Commissioner, BBMP Commissioner, Industries and Commerce Department, MD KPCL, MD Mysore Mineral Ltd etc and as Director in various PSUs including Bangalore Electricity Supply Co., Ltd., Karnataka State Financial Corporation, Karnataka Asset Management Company Private Limited, JSW Steel Ltd. etc.
- Mr. Naveen Raj Singh, IAS (1998 - Karnataka Cadre), a Graduate [B.Tech] in Civil Engineering from University of National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra, Haryana, joined Indian Administrative Service (IAS) in the year 1998. He has rich experience of working with the State Government and various Corporate Bodies. He is presently working as the Managing Director Karnataka State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited [KSIIDC]. He is responsible for spearheading implementation of infrastructure projects including projects on Public Private Partnership [PPP] basis. He is also holding charge as Managing Director of Mysore Paper Mills, Shimoga, a Government of Karnataka PSU.
- Mr. Girish ia currently a Commissioner of Textiles Development, Government of Karnataka. He is a graduate in Mechanical Engineering from Mysore University; he has a Masters in Technology in Computer Application from NIT, Suratkal. Mr. Girish, joined Department of Industries and commerce, Government of Karnataka in 1994 as Assistant Director as well as worked in various capacities in Department of Industries and Commerce for more than 2 decades. He played major role in Global Investors Meet 2010 and 2012 organised by Government of Karnataka. He visited USA, Europe, China and other countries as a part of Investment attraction activities as well as, accompanied the delegation lead by Honâble Chief Minister of Karnataka to World Economic Forum twice. He was promoted to IAS in 2015 and worked as Chief Executive Officer, Zillapanchayat Davangere
- Mr. Gaurav Gupta is IAS Officer of 1990 batch of Karnataka cadre. He has experience of over 24 years, particularly in the fields of Infrastructure, Power, Transport and Urban development. He is B.Tech. from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur, in Electrical Engineering, and M.Tech from IIT-Delhi in Electrical Engineering in Power Apparatus and Systems. He was awarded as Distinguished Alumnus by IIT Kanpur in 2010, which is the highest award given by the Institute to its alumni in recognition of their achievements of exceptional merit, for his managerial skills in sector of transportation. Since Oct 2014, Mr Gupta has taken over responsibility as Commissioner for Industrial Development in Government of Karnataka, looking after Industries & Trade Promotion, and also after creation of Industrial infrastructure. Mr. Gupta has held various positions in Government of Karnataka including Secretary, Revenue Department; Chairman of Bangalore Water Supply & Sewerage Board; Managing Director, Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation; Vice-President of New Delhi Association of State Road Transport undertakings; Special Commissioner in Municipal corporation for Bangalore; Special Secretary, Infrastructure and Development; also served as Founder managing Director of Mangalore Electricity Supply Company.